Tuesday 23 June 2015

H: Thank you for being my Mommy, Happy Birthday!

To Mommy, A Birthday Poem
-- by H (a Grade 4 student): June 22, 2015
(written** on a bench outside the Phoenix Restaurant on Bayview)

Afternoon tea with grandparents is 
yummy.
I wish you were here with Daddy.
We are now going to the library.
On your Birthday we are so happy!
We are enjoying the sunny day.
I want to dive into the bay.
Beside the bay there is a small totem.
This is the end of the poem!

PS: Thank you for being my Mommy!

** Note:
With some assistance of course (like suggested rhymes, some leading questions) by a "self-styled contemporary poet and body guard". (hehee!)

To aid in her all round development, I am going to teach her some martial moves for street-smarting and effective self-defence.

No comments:

Post a Comment