Sunday 18 October 2015

Manatees are interesting animals. They are underwater mammals

5 short poems written (with limited rhyming assistance) by a 10-year-old in one day. 

The following work was inspired by an episode of the Animal Planet TV programme aired on October 6, 2015.

MANATEES  Poem 3 of 5
-- by H (a Grade 5 student)

  Underwater photo of manatee A manatee at SeaWorld, Florida 
(Photo from wikipedia)

Manatees are interesting animals.
They are underwater mammals.
They are sometimes called "see cows".
But unlike cows, they are not very loud.
They do not eat meat,
And they are very meek.
When they eat, they do not need tables,
And they eat a lot of vegetables!


MY GRANDPA AND I   Poem 4 of 5
-- by H

My grandpa is very nice to me.
Once, he helped me climb a tree!
He writes very good poems,
And helps me with my problems.
He wears rectangular glasses,
And goes to church masses.
He likes the computer,
I bet you don't have a grandpa better.

-- and finally,

MY GRANDMA AND I   Poem 5 of 5 (excerpt)
-- by H
.....
My grandma taught me how to knit,
And does not easily have a fit.
She likes a very neat house,
I don't think she would enjoy a mouse!
.....

No comments:

Post a Comment