Sunday 6 July 2014

鄭國江 香港我心中的故鄉 Hong Kong, my heart’s native city

(1982) 





 



 

   



    調  


 

穿
耀



 
 

   

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LE4Rq07tQWg


"Hong Kong, Hong Kong!"
-- by Cheng Kwok-Kong
-- Translated by Frank C Yue

Hong Kong, my heart’s native city,
Where I grew up then
With my relatives and friends,
And the golden Sun pretty!
The passers-by literally running –
To and fro hurrying –
Their diligence much to my liking.
Too many good points here worth mentioning!  
   Hong Kong,
   Hong Kong –
I’ll say this again
(And again) –
The place where I’ll ne’er dream in vain!

    Hong Kong,
    Hong Kong –
Your glamorous hues so beguiling –
Atop the Peak, I see the island in water lying,
Everywhere new looks are found;
Look, the sea-gulls a-flying o’er the Free Port fair.
At the seaside, I watch the island her night dress bare;
Everywhere glittering abound.
So irresistible the attractions in areas urban!
Reflected here, my childhood dreams, too.
    Hong Kong,
    Hong Kong –
It’s hard for me to e’er forget you!

No comments:

Post a Comment