Monday 27 May 2013

陸游: 沈家園里花如錦,半是當年識放翁;In the Shen Family Garden, flowers bloom like rich embroid'ry; Half of the blossoms since decades are acquaintances of me.

【春游】   南宋 • 陸游 


陸游 八十四歲時,离辞世仅一年,不顾年迈体弱,再游沈園。


At 84, a year before he died, Lu You -- now a very frail old man -- still went to the Shen Garden for the last time and wrote the following poem.


作《春游》诗云:

【春游】     南宋 • 陸游

        沈家園里花如錦,   
        半是當年識放翁;
        也信美人終作土,   
        不堪幽夢太匆匆。

沈家園里花如锦,    
半是当年识放翁;
也信美人终作土,    

不堪幽夢太匆匆。 


CHUN YOU: "Spring Tour"        
-- by LU YOU (1125-1210)
 -- Translated by Frank C Yue

In the Shen Family Garden, flowers bloom like rich embroid'ry;
Half of the blossoms since decades are acquaintances of me.
I, too, believe my Lady Fair finally has become earth; 
Alas! Too soon, too soon is gone my elusive dream with mirth! 


No comments:

Post a Comment