Wednesday 25 November 2015

誰會爬上櫻桃樹,除了細小的我呢? Up into the cherry tree

"FOREIGN LANDS"
-- ROBERT LOUIS STEVENSON (1850-1894)

Up into the cherry tree

Who should climb but little me?
I held the trunk with both my hands
And looked abroad on foreign lands.

I saw the next-door garden lie,

Adorned with flowers before my eyes,
And many pleasant places more
That I had never seen before.

I saw the dimpling river pass

And be the sky's blue looking-glass;
The dusty roads go up and down
With people tramping into town.

If I could find a higher tree
Farther and farther I should see
To where the grown-up river slips
Into the sea among the ships.

To where the roads on either hand
Lead onward into fairy land,
Where all the children dine at five,
And all the playthings come alive.  

"奇妙之異地"
作者: 羅拔 路易斯 史蒂芬遜 (1850-1894)
譯者:羨魚

誰會爬上櫻桃樹,
除了細小的我呢?
我用雙手抱著樹幹,
望向遠方異地

我看到園隣居的花,
團錦簇,
還有更多怡悅的地方,
都是我從未見過的

看到帯有梨窩的小河流過,

她是天空蔚藍色的照身鏡,
滿佈塵埃的道路縱橫,
領著民眾踏步進入城鎮

祗要在另一個顆高樹上更上層樓,

我就能找到千哩眼,
看看大川如何流入海洋,
在船隻間翻滾暢游

又將會看到兩旁的大路,
導人直通神奇仙境;
孩童在那裡下午五時吃晚飯,
玩偶玩具都變成活生生的東西!

No comments:

Post a Comment