Tuesday 12 November 2013

程顥 雲淡風輕過午天,傍花隨柳過前川。Lean clouds and light winds pass me by; near is the noon hour

                      【春日偶成 】        宋 · 程顥

      雲淡風輕過午天,    傍花隨柳過前川。
      時人不識余心樂,    將謂偷閒學少年。 




Chūn Rì Ou Chéng
"Casual Encounter on One Spring Day"  
-- by Qing Ho (Song dynasty)
-- Translated by Frank C Yue

Lean clouds and light winds pass me by; near                                                      is the noon hour.    
I come to a stream following the willows and                                                        flow'rs.
Now people know not the joy that leaps up in                                                      my heart,
Thinking I'm lazy, acting out the youth's listless                                                  part.


No comments:

Post a Comment