Wednesday 27 November 2013

王維 山中相送罷 日暮掩柴扉 We bade each other good-bye in these hills


  送別    唐  王維

      山中相送罷

    
      日暮掩柴扉

    
       春草明年綠

         
       王孫歸不歸



Sòng Bié: "Farewell"

-- by Wang Wei (701-761)  

-- Translated by Frank C Yue

We bade each other Good-bye in these      

hills;

I didn't close the wicker door, dusk until.

The Spring grass will be green again next 

year;

But, will you -- my Prince of Friends -- 

return here?





Wang Wei (701-761):  Farewell


1     Here in the hills, I bade you farewell;

2     And by dusk I closed my twiggen door.

3     O grass will again be green next spring!

4     Might you, my lord, be back once more?


Translated by Andrew W.F. Wong 

(Huang Hongfa)    譯者黃宏發

24th September 2013 


Translated from the original - 王維:  送別

1    山中相送罷
2    日暮掩柴扉
3    春草明年綠
4    王孫歸不歸


《楚辭﹒招隱士》說:“王孫兮歸來,山中兮不可久留!”

No comments:

Post a Comment