Monday 21 October 2013

A SURREAL ANATOMICAL ODYSSEY: ... 2 of 2

A SURREAL ANATOMICAL ODYSSEY: 

... 2 of 2


-- by Frank C Yue



I just barely escape the stealth tiger's sharp 

                   claws

By wedging myself right behind my ACHING 

                   JAWS.

With one clean stroke of my razor-shape 

                   SHOULD BLADE

I cut from the jungle the towering TRUNK 

                   away:



To build floating crimson VESSELS OF THE 

                   BLOOD

To cross the many seething rivers of flood!

I seek high, I seek low, 

         beyond the FOOT'S ARCH, behold --

Above the HIGH BROW's ridge, 

         below the NOSE'S BRIDGE.



Alas! Both the bright ALL-SEEING EYES OF 

                   MY FOOT

Are often blind-folded by my very own boot.

Many nights, I spend in THE CHAMBERS OF 

                   THE HEART --

They are not gold! -- meditating before the                            
                   next start.



Trekking up the deep, steep luxuriant valley,

I edge round the angry, roaring FIRE IN THE 

                    BELLY.

A careful search of THE TWIN TEMPLES OF 

                    THE HEAD

Yields virtually nothing except TINGLING 

                    CHEEKS IN HAND.



All that matters in this life transient is not 

                    wealth,

But truth, faith, hope, love, duty, gratefulness 

                    and health.


Unlike worldly pursuits, figments of THE 

                    MIND,

"Ask, and you will receive, seek, and you will 

                    find."

No comments:

Post a Comment