Friday 11 October 2013

“O Talk not to me of Jesus or qigong! If you do, I'd listen no more -- No, I won't.”

“O Talk not to me of Jesus or qigong!
If you do, I'd listen no more -- No, I won't.”


-- A Poem by Frank C Yue


        “O Talk not to me of Jesus or qigong!         
          If you do, I'd listen no more -- No, I won't.”

These two subjects are full of contention;
Surely, not for everyone's discussion.

It was years ago when several families
Were enjoying a square meal, then quite suddenly
A friend of mine gave me a piece of his mind...
-- Certainly, I said softly, if you were so inclined.


And quite frankly, I was rather taken aback;
From m'self-adopted 'Do-Good Missions', I was sack'd.
I was taking care of his Well-being, physical --
As well as his everlasting Life, spiritual.

This seems rather 'sarcastical';
For the fact remains as follows --
 

A high achiever from a Christian high school fine,
His Biblical knowledge is far better than mine.

Yet, he chose to harden his heart,
To shut his ears to God's calling;
Thought in anything he's not wanting.

Now muted, I had tried my part.

As regards qigong, I have more to tell --
His wife suffered decades ago
A strange disease baffling so
That no western expert could make her well.

A herbalist they consulted,
As last resort, and resulted --
 

In an incredible speedy cure.
     'Your wife's
qi and blood need boosting;'  “O dear!”

     'When you're in bed -- it's extremely simple, I'd say! --
      Put your palms in a hollow triangle
      O'er the 'Dantian' just below your navel;
      Breathe gently through the nose in a relaxed way.'


     'As you breathe in softly, and deeply,
      The chest and belly should come up slowly.
      As you breathe out it's almost effortless,
      And with every breath you are truly bless'd.'


When her health was nursed back to norm
The wife just forgot or ignore
The advice given for self-help.
But the man's been practising that since then!


Once in the hours wee,
The guy was awakened by a sharp pain
In his left (or right?) knee;
Baffled, feeling helpless, calm he remain'd.


Remembering the good old herbalist's advice
-- His name is You Long, the "Itinerant Dragon" --
Abdominal breathing he calmly tried.

From nowhere a 'mini-electric bolt' had gone
From within to 'strike' at the painful site;
Most of the pain then was gone, this despite.
 

You 'acted' like the hero of 'Kung Fu Hustle' in real life!
Wow! I could show you some advanced techniques, if you like.

“No, thank you! -- an accomplished 'sihing' though you are!
I'm happy right now; talk qigong to me -- just don't!
And learn any more qigong, I won't...”

So, when we meet we talk of other things: like his new car,
HDTV, the grandkids... but not Jesus, nor qigong.


Helen Keller's most inspiring words just drift into mind:
  “Once you've learned to soar, you will never consent to crawl.”
Ev'ryone ages and suffers countless ailments, you shall find.
Be best prepared for a fruitful Pilgrimage, shouldn't we all?




Helen Keller actually said:
            "One can never consent to creep
              when one feels an impulse to soar."

(I've just twisted this a little to suit my story and rime here.)

What is so amazing with this story is that the Chinese herbalist, You Long, did not prescribe any herbal medicine to that particular patient (with a rather uncommon illness). He simply sent his powerful internal energy -- qi or chi -- to the patient, without touching, for healing purposes. (Classical Chinese medical texts show that a handful of well-known Master Healers/Herbalists in different dynasties had been doing this for over a thousand years with good effects.)

I was most impressed with his extremely simple and brief instructions for the patient to do the
easiest, safest and most comfortable form of qigong there is (if the practitioner is seated or lying in
bed) :

           "When you're in bed ... --
             Put your palms in a hollow triangle
             O'er the 'Dantian' just below your navel;
             Breathe gently through the nose in a relaxed way."
 


This is a v simple Taoist/Buddhist healing qigong for better health, to be performed standing, seated or lying in bed,  or even while strolling in the park.

No comments:

Post a Comment