Sunday 10 March 2013

李清照 莫道不消魂,簾捲西風,人似黃花瘦。 O What unbearable sorrows are these? Curtains a-flapping, the restless western breeze -- Chrysanthemums, O I am as thin as these!

莫道不消魂,簾捲西風,人似黃花瘦。
O What unbearable sorrows are these?
Curtains a-flapping, the restless western breeze -- Chrysanthemums, O I am as thin as these! 



醉花陰】   李清照

TUNE: ZUI HUA YIN (“Drunk in the Flowery Shade”) 

-- Li Qingzhao (1081-1151?)(Southern Song dynasty)
-- Translated by Frank C Yue

薄霧濃雲愁永晝。瑞腦消金獸。
Covered by thin mists and thick clouds, it is so gloomy all day!
From the gold-like animal censer, strong fragrance soon fades away.

佳節又重陽,玉枕紗廚,半夜涼初透。
The fine Double Ninth Festival is, again, within sight.
My porcelain pillow and mosquito net tight,
The chill first comes a-visiting at midnight.

東籬把酒黃昏後。有暗香盈袖。
At the eastern fence after dusk I drink (with restraint);
There comes a-filling my sleeves fragrance faint.

莫道不消魂,簾捲西風,人似黃花瘦。
O What unbearable sorrows are these?
Curtains a-flapping, the restless western breeze --
Chrysanthemums, O I am as thin as these!

No comments:

Post a Comment